Housing Prices and Transactions (CA only)
Summary: Number of sales, average sales price, average price per square foot, and average square footage of all homes, condos/townhouses, and single-family homes
This database reports the number of sales, average sales price, average price per square foot, and average square footage of all homes, condos/townhouses, and single-family homes.
- Home sales excludes quitclaims and foreclosures and transactions with no price and no loan
- Average or median prices exclude multi-property sales, where more than one property was included in a single sale with a single price
- Prices marked as partial are also excluded
- Average and median price per square foot calculations use every sale were a full price and square footage was known and calculates
- Square footage reflects the square footage of the living area of all structures on the property (excluding the garage or patio)
- Each county uses a set of codes to identify condos and townhomes, and these are standardized
- Prices are unadjusted for inflation.
Geographic Coverage: Counties, City or Other Local Government, Zip Code
Series Begins/Ends: 2002/2013
Data Source: DataQuick News
Feb. 17, 2013
Mar. 01, 2016