Summary: Electricity generation by producer and source
This database provides electricity generation by producer and source. Data are shown in Megawatt Hours or in percent of total, as indicated.
- Coal includes anthracite, bituminous coal, subbituminous coal, lignite, waste coal, and synthetic coal.
- Other includes non-biogenic municipal solid waste, batteries, chemicals, hydrogen, pitch, purchased steam, sulfur, tire-derived fuels, and miscellaneous technologies.
- Other Biomass includes biogenic municipal solid waste, landfill gas, sludge waste, agricultural byproducts, other biomass solids, other biomass liquids, and other biomass gases (including digester gases and methane).
- Other Gases includes blast furnace gas, propane gas, and other manufactured and waste gases derived from fossil fuels.
- Petroleum includes distillate fuel oil (all diesel and No. 1, No. 2, and No. 4 fuel oils), residual fuel oil (No. 5 and No. 6 fuel oils and bunker C fuel oil), jet fuel, kerosene, petroleum coke, and waste oil.
- Wood and Wood Derived Fuels includes paper pellets, railroad ties, utility poles, wood chips, bark, red liquor, sludge wood, spent sulfite liquor, and black liquor, with other wood waste solids and wood-based liquids.
Not a subscriber?
Need the entire database?
Download now for a fee.
Geographic Coverage: U.S., States
Series Begins/Ends: 1990 - 2015
Data Source: Energy Information Administration
Feb. 01, 2017
Dec. 08, 2017